Call for Canadian publishers and literary agents.
Mark your calendar: The deadline for submitting your interest to exhibit on the Canada Stand is Monday, November 25th, 2019
In anticipation of Canada’s upcoming presence as the Guest of Honour at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020, we are excited to announce that for the second consecutive year, Canada will have a collective stand at the Leipzig Book Fair!
The Leipzig Book Fair is the second largest book fair in Germany after Frankfurt and takes place over four days on the Leipzig Trade Grounds annually in March. It is the inaugural gathering of the year for the German book industry and it is where Canada will officially launch its literary program, setting the stage for the Guest of Honour presentation in October at Frankfurt.
Exhibiting on the Canada Stand in Leipzig provides an excellent opportunity for members of the Canadian publishing industry to expand their understanding of the German book market, sell and buy rights, generate new contacts, strengthen existing relationships with German partners, and discover new business opportunities all under Canada’s upcoming Guest of Honour presence at the Frankfurt Book Fair. It also allows direct exchange and rapport with the German reading audience, German booksellers, literary mediators, and festival programmers and is, therefore, an instrumental opportunity to gain insight into the German book market and current trends.
More info on:
The Department of Canadian Heritage, the Embassy of Canada in Germany, Livres Canada Books and Canada FBM2020 will be supporting the presence of Canadian publishers and literary agents in Leipzig in 2020.
- A Canada Stand will be made available for Canadian publishing representatives to exhibit and host meetings;
- Livres Canada Books will administer and manage the Canada Stand;
- Canada FBM2020 in partnership with the Embassy will facilitate a literary programming component as part of the official launch of the literary program for the Guest of Honour presentation;
- Select B2B activities will be available for exhibitors at Leipzig with the potential of organizing meetings outside of Leipzig in nearby cities pre- or post- Leipzig;
- Support towards travel expenses will be available for eligible participants through the Foreign Rights Marketing Assistance Program (FRMAP). Support towards travel expenses may be available for eligible participants who are not eligible for FRMAP.
- A registration fee per participating exhibitor will be required (maximum of $500);
- A number of international trade fairs are taking place around the Leipzig Book Fair, among others are London Book Fair (March 10 – 12), Salon du livre de Paris (March 20 – 23) and Bologna Children’s Book Fair (March 30 – April 2), which offers interested participants the opportunity to attend the Leipzig Book Fair in association with one or several of these trade fairs for networking and business purposes.
Exhibiting participants will have access to:
- 1 exhibitor pass per sharing exhibitor
- 1 table and 3 chairs (shared with partner exhibitor)
- 4 display shelves per sharing exhibitor (1m wide each)
- listing in the official print and online fair catalogue and Canada Stand directory
- consolidated shipping at exhibitor’s expense
- set-up and tear-down
- reception desk service
Publishing representatives interested in exhibiting must indicate their interest here.
The deadline to fill out this survey is: November 25th, 2019.
A link with guidelines and other details on how to complete the official application form will then be sent directly to you once you, shortly after the November 25th deadline.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.