Place of work: Montréal or Toronto
Type of employment: Contract until end of October 2020, 30 hours/week
Start date: February
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Canada FBM2020 was established in collaboration with the Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) and the Association nationale des éditeurs de livres (ANEL) to manage, in French and English, the role and involvement of the Canadian book publishing industry as part of Canada’s Guest of Honour role at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020. As a non-profit organization, Canada FBM2020 receives financial support from the Department of Canadian Heritage and is supported by an independent board of directors and will deliver major elements of the Guest of Honour programme. Canada FBM2020 has offices in Montréal and Toronto.
We are looking for a highly organized person to help with the preparation and hosting of the official delegation of authors and illustrators in Germany in 2020. Applicants should be hardworking and flexible with strong event logistics skills and have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
The Logistics Coordinator’s duties are as follows:
- Provide support to the Associate Executive Director and team regarding the implementation of literary programming in Germany in 2020;
- Collect logistical information relating to the presence of authors and illustrators present in 2020 at the Frankfurt Book Fair and beforehand;
- Manage the coordination of the travel of authors and illustrators (travel bookings, on-site transport, etc.);
- Coordination of author and illustrator’s schedules, as well as coordinate their reception on site in Germany;
- Coordinate with the on-site assignor the various components (reception, volunteers, etc.) of the presence of authors and illustrators in 2020.
- Provide logistical support for various events in Canada and/or Germany as needed (trade shows, conferences, etc.);
- Support the team with event management (contact list, invitation, promotion, on-site production);
- Manage certain special event projects.
- Support the Associate Executive Director and team with the administration related to activities surrounding the presence of authors and illustrators in 2020 in Germany;
- Manage relationships/agreements with collaborators and suppliers as required;
- Coordinate the invoicing of employees and suppliers where appropriate;
- Participate in the creation of various logistics and production documents (invitation letters, contracts, etc.);
- Maintain certain internal documents (briefs, event documents, schedules, etc.);
- All other related tasks to support the Associate Executive Director.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in hospitality for festivals, major events and cultural institutions abroad;
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, event management, production, and cultural research and programming, or related field an asset;
- Strong project coordination, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Good knowledge of event production and logistics;
- Fluency in French and English, German an asset;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe CS, web browsers;
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to work remotely;
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment of multiple stakeholders in a highly political context;
- Diplomacy, tact, flexibility, adaptability, proactivity and composure.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, February 14, 2020 with your salary expectations. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The successful candidate may be expected to travel to Germany as early as March 2020 and must have a valid passport.