Location: Montreal or Toronto
Deadline for applications: 13 November 2020
Position type : Fixed-term, full-time contract position ending November 2021
- Sit on the communications-marketing subcommittee for the project which includes several members of the federal government;
- Coordinate the involvement of Canada FBM2020 in the communications-marketing working group which includes several members of the federal government;
- Develop content calendars for social media activities and newsletters related to the Canadian publishing industry and to literary content, in collaboration with all key project partners;
- Draft content in English and in French and keep this content up to date across all communications platforms;
- Provide regular updates and statistical analysis of the website with such metrics as visitor profiles, attendance, and impressions/mentions;
- Plan and execute, within budget, web-based and traditional marketing campaigns with specialized industry media in Canada and in Germany;
- Coordinate the efforts of the promotional agency tasked with handling the booksellers campaign in Germany;
- Coordinate media placements and advertising content including text, images, video, and banners with various suppliers;
- Compile the results of marketing campaigns and analyze their impact;
- Produce reports on performance analysis.
- Supporting the AED with requests from journalists for material, information, etc;
- Writing, editing, and updating various public relations materials including communiqués, Q&As, scripts, etc;
- Working closely with the different project stakeholders in Canada and in Germany;
- Respond to requests from multiple project partners relating to literary content and the Canadian publishing industry.
- University degree in communication, marketing, or public relations or a diploma or experience in publishing, or equivalent;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a similar role;
- Excellent French and English language skills (writing and speaking) are essential;
- Proven skills in virtual activities (web, mobile, social media platforms);
- Proven experience with MS Office suite;
- Excellent skills and experience with digital tools such as Google Analytics, SEO, CMS/Wordpress, Mailchimp, and in managing digital advertising.
Required Skills :
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a highly organized manner
- High level of resourcefulness, rigour, and thoroughness
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also in collaboration with other members of the team
- Ability to manage numerous project simultaneously
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- Client-service oriented
- A positive and respectful attitude
- Interest in the cultural sphere and knowledge of the publishing industry will be considered assets
Details of the Role :
- Fixed-term, full-time contract position for twelve (12) months
- Working remotely with the possibility of working two (2) days per week at the Montreal or Toronto office, depending on restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic
Interested candidates may send a résumé, cover letter detailing your experience and why you are applying for the role, and salary expectations by email to Meghan Macdonald, Associate Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
About Canada FBM2020
On October 6th, 2016, the Government of Canada signed a contract committing itself to Canada’s participation as the Guest of Honour (GoH) at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020. Canada FBM2020 was then established as an entity in collaboration with the Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) and the Association nationale des éditeurs de livres (ANEL) to manage, in French and English, the role and involvement of the Canadian book publishing industry at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020. Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Canada’s plans as GoH were impacted. On July 7th, 2020 the Government of Canada and the Frankfurter Buchmesse announced the official postponement of Canada’s Guest of Honour role to 2021.
Canada FBM2020 receives financial support from the Department of Canadian Heritage (PCH) and strategic oversight from an independent Board of Directors and works with key partners in government and the industry to deliver the major elements of the Guest of Honour program. The entity is a member of the Frankfurt 2020 steering committee, which oversees the GoH project, and includes representatives of PCH, the Canada Council for the Arts, Global Affairs Canada, the Embassy of Canada to Germany, and Telefilm Canada. Canada FBM2020 is an entity that uses both official languages to represent English, French, and Indigenous members of the publishing industry from across Canada.
Canada FBM2020 is seeking a professional project manager for a bilingual project (English and French) who is passionate about digital strategies and motived by large-scale, high-impact projects. Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director (AED), the successful candidate will support the AED by taking on the management of several digital platforms for the organization (website, newsletters, social media, etc), managing marketing projects, and providing public relations support. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in close collaboration with multiple project partners/stakeholders as well as the Content Manager of Canada FBM2020.